Recent interior design graduate seeking a full-time Interior Designer position. I am passionate about lighting design, sustainable design, globally and culturally sensitive design, wayfinding, and biomimicry. I aspire to improve the lives of communities around the world with thoughtful, honest, healthy and aesthetically pleasing design. I am passionate about helping people and I hope to positively impact others with my education and work experience.
University of Minnesota – Twin Cities – Bachelor of Science in Interior Design May 2018
Independent Study Abroad – London, Oslo, Stockholm – Global Perspectives on Lighting & Wayfinding Dec 2017-Jan 2018
RELATED COURSEWORK: Intro to Design Thinking, Interior Design Studio classes, Color Design in Two & Three Dimensions, Art History, Architectural History, Fundamentals of Drawing & Design, Textile Analysis, Environmental Design, Structures Systems & Life Safety, Interior Materials & Specifications, CAD l & ll, Design & Globalization, History of Interiors & Furnishings, Lighting Design.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of administrative and coordinator experience in a variety of departments including: Human Resources, Marketing, Information Technology, and Training.
• Commercial and residential lighting design knowledge. Tradeshow experience.
• Ability to work with dynamic teams and ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Strong attention to detail and time management skills with high-pressure deadlines.
• Provided full office management including vendor selection and relations, building maintenance and floor planning.
• Office management including full phone coverage, greet visitors, office maintenance and mail.
• Managed the company’s New Hire Orientation and Training. Coordinated all Employee Relations events and awards. Created the Corporate Newsletter highlighting employee contributions and corporate updates.
• Managed Human Resources functions of on-boarding new hires for the department. Coordinated new hire orientations, office floor planning, organizational charts and report revisions.
• Coordinated the Food Safety Education, Training and Consulting services department. Including 118 companies worldwide, providing 41 national classes annually to 435 participants.
• Worked closely with candidates all over the United States to schedule interviews, background checks, relocation support and reference checks.
• Supported Executive level management and their teams including calendars, travel, PowerPoint presentations and meeting minutes.
Microsoft Software: Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
Design Software: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, WordPress
Interior Design Technician I – LIFETIME FITNESS CORP., Chanhassen, MN 2018-2019
Intern Design/Sales/Marketing – JTH LIGHTING ALLIANCE, Apple Valley, MN 2017
Training Coordinator and Administration Administrative Assistant – ECOLAB, St. Paul, MN 2007-2013
Administrative Assistant II – EXPRESS SCRIPTS, Bloomington, MN 2006
Executive Administrator – FURST GROUP, Eden Prairie, MN 2005
Executive Administrative Assistant – SCHWANS CONSUMER BRANDS, Bloomington, MN 2004-2005
Executive Administrative Assistant – I-TECH CORPORATION, Eden Prairie, MN 1999-2004
Detailed Related Coursework:
Introduction to Design Thinking
Foundations: Drawing & Design in Two and Three Dimensions
Introduction to Art History
Foundations: Color & Design in Two and Three Dimensions
Environmental Design in the Socio-Cultural Context
Structures, Systems, and Life Safety
Architecture History Since 1750
Interior Materials and Specifications
Design and Globalization
History of Interiors and Furnishings: Ancient to 1750
History of Interiors and Furnishings: 1750 to Present
Interior Design Ethics and Professional Practice
Interior Design Studio Classes (1 class each semester-7 total)
Interior Design Research (senior studio)
Interior Design Thesis (senior studio)
CYT (Certified Yoga Teacher) – Yoga Center of Minneapolis – 2009